Updated 7 September 2020.
How much is the QLD First Home Owners Grant?
If you purchase your First Home in Queensland from 1 July 2018, the First Home Owners Grant is $15,000.
Important FHOG eligibility criteria:
- First Home Buyer must be buying or building a new home less than $750,000 in value.
- Eligible property must be a brand new home.
- You or your Spouse must never have previously owned property in Australia.
- All applicants must occupy the home within 1 year, as their principal place of residence, for a continuous period of at least 6 months.
To read more about eligibility criteria click here.
How do I apply for the QLD First Home Owners Grant?
You have options:
- Download the application form and apply yourself. Or;
- Apply through an Approved Agent (recommended if you’re applying for a loan).
If you’re applying for a loan, your Lender usually acts as your agent and collects the funds prior to settlement, so you have the money available to you on the day of your purchase settlement.
If you apply yourself, allow at least 2 weeks to receive the funds (and ensure you send all the supporting documents).
Download the FHOG Application here:
Click here to download the FHOG application for QLD.
For more first home buyers grant information here click here.
Stamp Duty Concessions for First Home Buyers in QLD, click here.
Looking for FHOG info on other States and Territories?
If you’re looking for other States and Territories click here, then select your State.