Updated 26 August 2020.
How much is the WA First Home Owners Grant?
The WA First Home Owners Grant (FHOG) is currently $10,000.
If you’re eligible for the WA First Home Owners Grant, you’re also automatically eligible for these stamp duty concessions.
Important eligibility criteria:
Eligible property maximum value varies depending on your geographical location:
- Maximum value of $750,000 for properties South of the 26th parallel.
All Perth metropolitan areas are south of the 26th parallel. The 26th parallel is a circle of latitude that is 26 degrees south of the equator.
- Properties North of the 26th parallel have a maximum value of $1,000,000.
- The Town of Kalbarri is south of the 26th parallel; and
- The Town of Denham is north of the 26th parallel.
Personal eligibility criteria:
- You or your Spouse must never have previously owned and occupied a property, for a continuous period of more than 6 months, in Australia after 1 July 2000.
- And, you or your Spouse must never have previously owned property in Australia before July 2000.
- You must occupy the home within 1 year, as your principal place of residence, for a continuous period of at least 6 months.
How do I apply for the Grant?
You have options:
- Download the application form and apply yourself. Or;
- Apply through an Approved Agent (recommended if you’re applying for a loan, as your lender is most likely an approved agent).
If you’re applying for a loan, your Lender usually acts as your agent and collects the funds prior to settlement, so you have the money available to you on the day of your purchase settlement.
If you apply yourself, allow at least 2 weeks to receive the funds (and ensure you send all the supporting documents).
Download the FHOG Application here:
To download the FHOG application for WA, click here.
Everything you need to know about FHOG in Western Australia is contained here.
Stamp Duty Concessions for First Home Buyers in WA, click here.
Looking for FHOG info on other States and Territories?
If you’re looking for other States and Territories click here, then select your State.